Curb appeal, the term that realtors use to refer to the allure of a front yard and entryway, is important when selling a house. But it is about more than marketing. It's about creating a landscape style that reflects your personal panache and welcomes visitors to your home.
You can boost your curb appeal with ease by using Encore Azaleas.
The wide selection of plant sizes and bloom colors found in the Encore Azalea's 29 varieties are perfect for beautifying the front yard or even the front porch. Plus, their unique re-blooming and evergreen qualities ensure that your style is visible year-round.
An investment in the front yard pays great rewards. Proper landscaping adds up to 15 percent to a home's value and the cost of landscaping pays for itself five to 10 times over.
Shrubs are considered one of the best investments in a landscape, and Encore Azalea offers many color and size options to choose from. The only hard part will be narrowing down your choices!
Here are 3 easy steps to help you get started:
1. The first step in developing curb appeal is to determine how much time and money you want to invest in the space between your curb and the front door.
If your time and budget are limited, boost your curb appeal by placing a few pretty containers filled with Encore Azalea’s dwarf varieties on your front steps or at your front door.
2. Create a few splashes of color in the front yard!
Any of Encore Azalea’s 29 varieties can be planted strategically in the landscape to provide color from spring through fall, and sometimes even into the winter. Simply planting them around a mailbox or in a flowerbed will do the trick.
3. Establish a mass planting of Encores on slopes or in flowerbeds or as a hedge along walkways and property lines.
How to pick a color pattern:
An easy way to pick the perfect Encore Azaleas for your landscape investment is to choose a color palette that reflects your personality and complements the exterior color and style of your home.
1. To warm up your landscape, go for a red and orage palette.
For an impressive larger red azalea, try the intermediate-sized Autumn Monarch™ with its pink-orange blooms flecked with red.
2. To establish a cooler, more subdued landscape, try any of the three purple Encores.
The lavender blooms of the dwarf Autumn Lilac™ are gorgeous in containers or in the yard.
Need something a little larger? Autumn Royalty™, is a beautiful intermediate sized option and was voted Azalea of the Year by the American Rhododendron Society.
Both work well in containers or as a foundation plantings.
4. For a traditional look, there is nothing like a pink azalea to add classic color to the landscape.
Encore has 12 amazing selections that will do just that. Try Autumn Sundance™ or the dainty but rich pink blooms of Autumn Cheer™. Both are perfect for small garden areas and containers.
5. Can’t decide on one color? Use one of the five Encore bi-colored azaleas, which offer interest and beauty to the garden with their patterns of freckled, streaked and/or edged colors.
Of course, you can always mix and match any of these options to create tiers of color and style to your front yard, making your house a showplace for potential buyers or just for the neighbors.
To make choosing the perfect palette for your landscape easy, use our new color finder.
Encore Azalea is the best azalea you'll ever plant. Encore Azaleas are the world's best-selling re-blooming azalea with rich, colorful blooms in spring, summer and fall. Encore Azaleas have 29 varieties of bloom colors and sizes to choose from and thrive equally well in high filtered shade or sunny locations - unlike any other azalea in the world. Find a retailer near you at www.encoreazalea.com.