Choosing the right plant for the right place is fundamental for gardening success.
This includes selecting plants that grow to the appropriate size for your design and space. Encore® Azaleas fit the bill well. They are wonderful evergreen shrubs that come in a range of sizes. Choose the right ones to fully enjoy their blooms in spring, summer and fall.
Dwarf Encore Azaleas
These Encores grow slowly and are easily maintained to about 2-3’ tall x 3-4’ wide. There are numerous ways to use them in the garden:
- Use Dwarf Encore Azaleas as foundation plants. Be sure they are planted in acidic soil, and keep the ground covered with good organic mulch.
- Plant a grouping of dwarfs around your mailbox.
- Plant a small hedge next to your patio, walk, or driveway.
- Accent a piece of sculpture or a large boulder in your garden with Dwarf Encore Azaleas.
- Dwarf Encore Azaleas also grow well in large pots. Place them in your garden, on your deck or patio, and by your front entry. You can even move them inside if threatened by severe winter frost.
Intermediate Encore Azaleas
Intermediate-sized Encore Azaleas grow faster than dwarfs and can be easily maintained at 4-5’ tall x 3-4’ wide. They also have important roles in the garden:
- Use intermediates to create hedges. Enclose a space or create privacy with intermediate sized Encores.
- Create structure for your garden with intermediates. Even when they are not in bloom, they serve as good background plants.